Heartland has instituted many protocols to ensure a safe return to our Sunday morning gatherings!
We realize that many people have been vaccinated, but we also realize there are people who do not feel comfortable attending in-person yet. For those who feel vulnerable, we will continue to broadcast our Sunday morning service on FACEBOOK LIVE and YOU TUBE LIVE.
In order to ensure everyone’s safety as we resume our in-person gatherings, we are taking the following precautions:
1. Heartland requires all people with COVID-19 symptoms, or those who have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive with COVID-19, to participate in our church service via our LIVE STREAM viewing options for 2 weeks.
2. Heartland provides a High-Risk Seating Area for those who are immune compromised or are vulnerable and high risk of contracting COVID-19. Facial masks are required by all people (including infants and children) who choose to sit in this designated area.
3. Heartland partakes in Communion every Sunday. Communion bread and juice will be provided in individually wrapped packaging.
4. Heartland has temporarily suspended our Hospitality Ministry. No food or drink will served on Sunday morning at this time.
5. Heartland is providing touchless sanitizer dispensers at primary entrances and contact areas. We ask everyone to use the hand sanitizer dispensers when entering various areas within the building.
6. All public areas, especially frequent contact surfaces, will be sanitized prior to our Sunday church gathering using Purerox™ disinfectant. Purerox™ disinfectant electronic sprayers have EPA approval for use against Covid-19. It kills 99.99% of viruses in 60 seconds on surfaces and is safe to spray in the air.
The neutral electrical charge uniquely causes Purerox™ to bind to and destroy any positive or negatively charged viruses and bacteria on surfaces and in the air. Unlike other chemical disinfectants, Purerox™ is 100% safe to use and will not harm people, the environment or surfaces. Purerox™ is rated as a Category IV disinfectant by the EPA (safest rating) and has no harmful fumes or harsh chemicals. This allows it to be used throughout a building with no personal protection equipment.
Disinfected surfaces include:
* Doors and Door Handles, Stair Railings, Tables, Chairs, Offering Box, Communion, and ALL Sanctuary Pews.
* All Kids Church surfaces: Toys, Furniture, Floors, Tables, and Chairs.
* Entire Restroom surfaces will be disinfected.
Our Leadership Team will continue to monitor the latest public health advisories and consult with the DuPage County Department of Health to revise our protocols as new guidance becomes available.